J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Jan 11 2017 7:36 AM by FX. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:56 AM

• godioshd2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 11 2011
    • Tonawanda, NY
    • Posts 5

S&S Evo in a Shovel frame

Has anyone done an Evo in a shovel frame. I'm about to attempt it, but would like to know how much Evo i'm getting into. What frame mods, if any, that I need to do and if the primary parts match up. Any help or advice ( other than are you nuts) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, squirl

• Tue, Jan 10 2017 12:31 PM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,008

Re: S&S Evo in a Shovel frame

Are you nuts? Sorry, had to say it anyway. I think the Evolutions are too tall, you would probably have to re-work the back-bone. Motor mounts are different, Evo's are rubber mount. By primary parts, what exactly are you reffering to?

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

• Wed, Jan 11 2017 7:01 AM In reply to

• godioshd2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 11 2011
    • Tonawanda, NY
    • Posts 5

Sorry, I need to take better measurements. I re-measured and found that I need about 2" to squeeze the EVO into the frame, so I will probably abandone this idea. Looks like it will be easier to get the hop up kit from J-P and stroke my shovel, keeping the same attitude on the frame. Thanks for the info and ideas, guess I'll save the S&S for a different project. Squirl

• Wed, Jan 11 2017 7:36 AM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,008

Sounds like a plan Squirl... They got, or can get you some pretty good kits here at J&P... If you don't see anything here that you like, call tech, they can order something in for you... S&S is always a good choice, I don't like Revtech... Keep us posted on your build, this is interesting...Let us know if you need any help.

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)