J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Jan 18 2017 7:59 AM by PaulJr36. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 14 2017 10:42 PM

2017 Indian Scout Exhaust

Just purchased Paucho 603 cans to replace originals.  Look beautiful n sound great but lost that torque in lowend of rpm range ( not unexpected ).  I dont want to go down that road where im pulling out the air box n adding in an aftermarket EFC unit.  Im just looking to regain a bit of that smooth response at the bottom end.

• Sun, Jan 15 2017 7:04 AM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,081

Re: 2017 Indian Scout Exhaust

You've lost some back pressure. Unfortunatly the only thing I can see to do would be to re-map the EFC if possible, to a richer mix...Maybe staff will have another idea, as I am a Harley guy...

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

• Mon, Jan 16 2017 7:44 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • Near Sunset at Sunset Beach, O'ahu, HI Oct 23, 15
    • Posts 2,567

SGG - first, welcome to the forums - what part of the country are you from?

As Fx says, whenever you make a significiant intake or exhause change (you mention it too) you should consider having your map updated.  By checking the color of your plugs (White is really bad - tan is often prefered) you can tell how the change has affected your engine performance.

I don't know if they are available for your bike, but some people put "torque cones" in their harleys when the go to straight pipes - staff should be able to tell you if they are available for your scout.

If staff doesn't respond sometime today, send your question to J&Ps technical staff through the "customer service" button above.

Hope this helps

The first tool out of the box should be the "book"  Geeked

• Wed, Jan 18 2017 7:59 AM In reply to

• PaulJr36
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 30 2015
    • Daytona Beach, FL
    • Posts 44
    • Staff

Torque Cones should help smooth out some without have to put a tuner on it. That being said if you want to do anything more with the bike a tuner is going to be the best option. We do offer one for your bike Part #833-964

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)