J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Tue, May 23 2017 9:55 AM by JAMES.DEAN. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 6 2017 10:33 AM

I also Wish I Never Ordered from J & P

I have been looking to replace the exhaust on my 2001 Sportster and after researching my options I discovered the there is not all that much currently available for that model but I found the Bassani two into one was still available in black that I liked. I reached out to J & P to confirm availability before ordering as I noticed several sites had the item on backorder. When I first spoke with the J & P rep I voiced my concerns about availability and he supposedly contacted the distributor to confirm available stock, after his so called phone he came back with me and told me that it was not an issue as they had 15 units available and it would only be 2 to 4 days to receive the exhaust at the J & P location for shipping to me. After 5 days when it did not ship I contacted J & P again only to be told it had not been received yet and it would still be 2 to 4 days. $ days later I again contacted J & P to ask them to investigate why the item had not been shipped to them only to be told that the item was out of stock and would be at least 2 weeks before being available.

At this time I certainly feel as though I was told only what I wanted to hear by J & P so they could get the order, and the standard line I have been fed since then "I am sorry for you inconvenience" does not cut it with me when I have been lied to. Fortunately I used PayPal for the purchase so I know my payment will be reversed when I find another source.

Jim Wendel 

Order # W2649480I

• Sat, May 6 2017 2:59 PM In reply to

Re: I also Wish I Never Ordered from J & P

Jim, I apologize for the inconvenience. We try to keep our estimated shipping times as accurate as we can. This item usually arrives from the supplier in 2-4 business days and see we have surpassed this time frame. I will reach out to them on Monday to get an accurate ETA and upgrade shipping for the inconvenience. I will follow up with you directly and do apologize for the frustrations we have caused in this order. Thank you for choosing J&P Cycles and have a great day on 2 wheels.

• Sat, May 6 2017 6:35 PM In reply to

It's just frustrating we one performes due dilligence as I did in this case only to find out your time was wasted. Anything you can do at this time would be appreciated. More importantly at this time is a confirmation that I will actually receive the parts.

• Sun, May 7 2017 8:00 AM In reply to

I completely understand and will look into this first thing Monday and follow up with you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to resolve this.

• Tue, May 9 2017 12:55 PM In reply to

Any update on this James ?

• Tue, May 9 2017 3:33 PM In reply to

Jim, I apologize for my delay in responding. This is showing the ETA of 5/12 to us and I have upgraded the shipping to next day. I will follow up with you when this ships out. Thank you.

• Tue, May 9 2017 5:05 PM In reply to

Well that is somewhat better than I was told, trying to get prepped for a road trip and this helps. Thanks for the update.

• Tue, May 16 2017 12:39 PM In reply to

James,

Do you know if the item has been received yet.

Jim

• Wed, May 17 2017 7:37 AM In reply to

Jim, I am not seeing this being recieved in yet so I reached out to get an update on this item again and will follow up with you. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Fri, May 19 2017 8:59 AM In reply to

Well it's a week overdue now and I was hoping to get a realistic update on this, have you been able to track it down.

• Tue, May 23 2017 9:55 AM In reply to

Jim, I do apologize for this. If there is anything I can help with in the future please reach back out to me and I would be glad to work towards earning a second chance with your business. Thank you for choosing J&P Cycles and have a great day on 2 wheels.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)