J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Tue, Jun 6 2017 12:26 PM by FX. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 6 2017 7:13 AM

• lindsey_angell
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 6 2017
    • Leavenworth, Kansas 66048
    • Posts 4

Hello Ya'll

Hello everyone.  My Profile is abbreviated so IF you have any questions for me just ask.  I am looking at new Road Kings because I do not appreciate any distractions when I ride.  I find most electronics a distraction so my phone is in an inner pocket and I look at it when I had up and eat, or I am through riding for the day.  I like the 2017 Road King with the M8-107CID motor, but I might wait for the 2018 115th Anniversary bikes before I decide which bike I want.  Waiting for my 65th Birthday to actually ride away and see many Navy buddies and civilian friends I have met along my awesome career in the Navy.  Cannot wait till March 2018 and some nice weather to get started.  Boots are shined and have already started collecting my road gear...

Filed under:
  • Tue, Jun 6 2017 7:20 AM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,097

Re: Hello Ya'll

Lindsey, nice to have ya here with us at J&P. Thank you for being there in the Navy for us...

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

• Tue, Jun 6 2017 7:45 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • Near Sunset at Sunset Beach, O'ahu, HI Oct 23, 15
    • Posts 2,578

Yes, Lindsey, welcome aboard.

I have a '96 Road King (tail end of the carburated evo's).  I do a couple of longer distance runs every year (600 miles each way) so I do have a Road Teck (harley accessory) radio (AM, FM, WB, Aux).  When travelling, something I have found helpfull is having the WB come on and advise me of thunder storms - gives me a chance to find an overpass.

I too am not a spring chicken, so the Aux input allows me to have my own tunes with the benefit of I don't have to listen to myself sing.

Have a good one.

The first tool out of the box should be the "book"  Geeked

• Tue, Jun 6 2017 10:45 AM In reply to

• lindsey_angell
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Posts 4

FX. Thank you for the Reply.  I really enjoyed the last 15.5 years Navy time.  The first 4.5 years were very nasty to me.  I have waited so long and to mature enough to finally purchase and own my own Harley.  Long story and Promises, I finally turn 65 in March 2018 so at long last I will be on the road and putting some serious saddle time in on a brand new Road King.

• Tue, Jun 6 2017 11:08 AM In reply to

• lindsey_angell
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Posts 4

I am sure that I will just love the Road King.  My wife said that I should run Sena S20 so that I can if I wish talk to other riders and keep up with a radio station when the clouds get gray ahead of me.  I too can decide to answer or ignorr any phone calls and to listen to my own music.  Although I have logged many hours of solo riding in California and long trips from Rhode Island to New York and up to Maine in allsorts of weather conditions I have never yet listened to any music or answered a phone call except at gas stations or when I stop to eat.  My Road King will seriously change my life.  I sold my Kawasaki 550 LTD, Yamaha 250 dirt bike and my Kawasaki 250 Ninja in 2003... A couple of us use to literally tear up Leavenworth County Hwy 5 which connects several Kansas Prisons.  The county road is a 2 lane narrow road and we memorized it in both directions and we both ran our carving Ninjas at about Midnight once or twice every couple weeks...No death wish...just wicked fast curves and high Tom's and lots of shifting.  So now that I have Japanese bikes out of my life and had back, and knee surgeries I am finally ready to buy and properly ride a Touring bike.  Time to travel and not beat my equipment...Respect the ride and it should respect the rider...

Like to know more about your travels and what mods you have on your Road King.

Rev. Lindsey J Angell 

• Tue, Jun 6 2017 12:26 PM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,097

Good for you Lindsey. Remember when riding, you are invisible, they WILL hit you...I'm glad the Navy finally worked out for the better for you...

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)