J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Jun 28 2017 2:45 PM by jkested. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 26 2017 7:07 PM

• jkested
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 27 2017
    • Posts 2

First time order, not very happy

I placed an order early last week for some V&H black slip on mufflers for my FatBob (order W2765682) When I recieved the box what I got was chrome mufflers. I called and chatted to a very nice guy and let him know what had happen and he was very helpful, so I thought. I was informed that the pipes had been missed boxed and the the correct ones would be shipped out ASAP  along with a return lable so I could send the wrong pipes back. I never did see an email for the correct pipes being shipped however after a few days I did recieve a return slip in the mail for sending back the incorrect pipes. I called and spoke with another person and explained the issue.

I was pretty much told that I got what I odered and I could return them and once I did differnt pipes would be sent. I explained that I was told the the correct pipes were going to be sent so I wasnt waiting on a mistake that wasnt mine and a return slip was on the way for the incorrect items. I was told that exchange items would not be sent untill the return item returned to J&P. If I was told that up front I would have just ordered the pipes again and waited for the refund to credit my card, now I will be waiting twice as long for the correct item. This isnt a huge deal, i just wish someone was up front with me at the beginning. I will be returning the incorrect pipes for a refund and will look eles where. I hope my refund goes better......

• Wed, Jun 28 2017 10:19 AM In reply to

• PaulJr36
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 30 2015
    • Daytona Beach, FL
    • Posts 46
    • Staff

Re: First time order, not very happy

Were the heat sheilds chrome? Vance and Hines head pipes and mufflers are chrome with black heat sheilds to cover them.

• Wed, Jun 28 2017 2:45 PM In reply to

• jkested
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 27 2017
    • Posts 2

Re: First time order, not very happy

The pipes I recieved were clearly not the ones shown in the picture, they were chrome with black end caps. I didnt see any heat shields in the box however I only opened and inspected one box that was in the large box and it wasnt what i ordered... They are on the way back to JP

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)