J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:51 AM by sfranta. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 23 2017 5:17 PM

Danny Gray Seats

Just a message to let folks out there know that if you have a Road King and you are looking for a nice solo seat, don't buy a Danny Gray Buttcrack seat. The seat looks really good and is comfortable but the front end of the seat doesn't cover the bottom end of the tank. It's annoying. I was in contact with their customer service through e-mail back and forth. They suggested a longer tab at the back end of the seat so I could slide the seat up farther but because the tab is riveted that it would be difficult. After some back and forth e-mails I asked if Danny Gray would pay postage for me to send them the seat, and that was the last I heard of them. That was almost 2 weeks ago.

• Tue, Oct 24 2017 8:23 AM In reply to

Re: Danny Gray Seats

i don't really have a good contact at Danny Grey, so don't know if i can help with them. would something like 7300265 fill the gap??

• Tue, Oct 24 2017 9:54 AM In reply to

Thanks sfranta, but what is 7300265?  Is that a J&P part number?

• Tue, Oct 24 2017 10:52 AM In reply to

yes. it's a filler/extension that fits on the rear of the gas tank

• Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:35 AM In reply to

Cool, thanks, I'll check that out.  I have a 2002 Road King, I hope this works.

• Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:40 AM In reply to

Thanks, but that part does not fit a 2002 Road King Classic.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:51 AM In reply to

it will bolt up to your bike. i just have never tried it on a road king, so i don't know how well it will line up to the tank contour

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)