J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Tue, Mar 27 2018 10:27 AM by sfranta. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 26 2018 11:03 PM

• gibben
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 14 2018
    • Posts 1

First time international customer ....

In short, what are the chances of getting DHL as a shipping option for international customers?

In long, made my first purchase to be shipped to New Zealand .... now I'm no newbie to buying from the states. I normally make 6 or so purchases a year from Summit Racing and it takes 3~4 days to arrive and is hassle free and costs about the same as UPS and less than USPS.

My issues with my first order and UPS .....

• When my parcel finally arrived in NZ after sitting in Australia for 2 days it then sat at the UPS depot for another day before they finally processed it through customs clearing;
    • At this stage I finally rang them to see what payment was required ..... which they hadn't calculated, they promised to call me so I could make payment ..... they never did, I had to chase them back up ....
    • Once I'd made payment, they told me it would be shipped to my city ...... however they never updated the tracking ....
    • I called the next day to see why it was still showing as äwaiting customs clearance" .... apparently it was on a truck to my city. I asked if I could collect it from the depot when it arrives rather than wait for it to go onto a local courier. They said yes, they would call me when it was ready for collection .....
    • Still no online updates ...... I ring them at the end of day ..... they tell me it's at the depot waiting for me to collect. (No, they didn't update the tracking or phone me)
    • So, I drive to the depot, the depot tells me "No, we don't have it, it would have gone to the courier this morning" .... They confirm it is at the courier depot ...... I drive there, "No, we don't have it ...... it was delivered this afternoon" ...
    • I drive back to work, there it is ...... no one had ever signed for it so no one knew it was there .... 
    • They finally updated the tracking to show as delivered (So basically, no tracking updates from the time it landed to delivery)
    • A week later they send me a letter telling me they couldn't deliver it because it was missing my phone number!! Really? WTF!!
    UPS are complete muppets and to be honest, it makes me reluctant to purchase from you again. Your end of the service was fine and the service was great .....
    P.S. after ringing them when they sent the letter the idiots spent 30min figuring where the parcel was.

• Tue, Mar 27 2018 10:27 AM In reply to

Re: First time international customer ....

i e mailed customer service, their reply was that we use international postal, or UPS international air, no DHL, sorry

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)