J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Mon, Jun 25 2018 8:20 AM by jackneeson. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 25 2018 8:20 AM

New 2018 Honda Odyssey Problem - Need Advice

Hello,

My wife purchased a new Honda Odyssey EX-L (with Nav and Rear Ent) this week. It was a "no-brainer" because she had a 2008 Odyssey with 155,000 miles and loved it. It was time for a new vehicle and the latest safety features appealed to both of us. On Wednesday she bought the car at a local dealer and drove it home (about 15 miles). On Thursday she went for a 60 mile trip to visit her parents. She had to pull off the road because she was severely nautious with motion sickness. She called the Honda dealer immediately and explained the issue and that she needed to return her vehicle and wanted her old 2008 back. The sales manager said there was nothing they could do. He told her she was probably sick. Over the last few days my wife has taken motion sickness medication before driving the vehicle over 10 miles. Obviously this is not a long terms solution. After doing some problem solving we think the issue is the new Odyssey is built on a truck platform (same as the Pilot and MDX). The pre-2018 Odysseys were built on a specially designed platform which drove more like a car. The truck platform drives "bumpy" especially on poor roads, which is everywhere if you live in Michigan, like we do. Does anyone have advice on how to handle this situation? Our current thought is for my wife to trade the car in for a 2016/17 Odyssey which is built on the "car like" platform. She may also talk to Toyota or Chrysler about their mini-vans. She does not have the title for her new vehicle because it is in transit.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=224579

Custom Video Creation Service

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)