J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Jul 11 2018 10:31 AM by sfranta. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 10 2018 11:01 PM

• Teebot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 11 2018
    • Posts 2

Can anyone recommend a good DIY video on how to replace stock handle bars on 1993 Dyna wide glide with a Beach bar

Hey all,

Looking for a good DIY video on how to change out my current handle bars on my 1993 Harley Davidson Dyna wide glide with my new Burly Brand 1" Chrome 4" Really Wide Retro Beach Handlebar.

I'll look on youtube as well however; any help would be greatly appericated.

Thank you!

Torben

• Wed, Jul 11 2018 5:20 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • Near Sunset at Sunset Beach, O'ahu, HI Oct 23, 15
    • Posts 2,653

Re: Can anyone recommend a good DIY video on how to replace stock handle bars on 1993 Dyna wide glide with a Beach bar

Torben -first, welcome to the forums - what part of the country are you from?

One of the big things you will likely have to do is replace your cables & brake line and possibly extend your hand control wires.  the attached link is to an article on that part of the topic

http://community.jpcycles.com/articles/tech-articles/pages/extended-control-cables-brake-lines-and-handlebar-wiring.aspx

one thing they mention in the article is using thin wire to simulate routing the new cables for measuring - I prefer to use a piece of TV cable wire (similar size and bends about the same as a throtle cable).

Other than that, your shop manual should provide you detailed directions on how to remove the bars and all its components.

Hope this helps

The first tool out of the box should be the "book"  Geeked

• Wed, Jul 11 2018 10:05 AM In reply to

• Teebot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 11 2018
    • Posts 2

Re: Can anyone recommend a good DIY video on how to replace stock handle bars on 1993 Dyna wide glide with a Beach bar

Ironhead,

I live in Chicago!  Thanks for the direction here!!

Take care!

-Torben

• Wed, Jul 11 2018 10:31 AM In reply to

and if you can get me lengths of cables and brake line, i should be able to come up with part numbers. remember cables are measured at the black housing, the cable sticking out is not part of the measurement

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)