J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community

Participate in our motorcycle forums, view photos, and read up on our motorcycle tech articles.
Welcome to J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Sun, Jan 8 2006 1:09 PM by dgr8wldo. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 28 2005 3:53 PM

Thunderheader vs ?

Hello and Happy Holidays to all! Long time no chat... anyway, I'm wondering if you all have any opinions re thunderheader vs D&D Fat Cats or even the hooker tuned flow 2:1's I am running a 95" twin cam making 101 horse 105 torque through V&H staggered big shots and am thinking there is more in thee than my current pipes can manage based on the dyno charts from Woods for TW6HG cams. Any suggestions would be appreciated,Thanks ,Bob
  • Wed, Dec 28 2005 4:36 PM In reply to

Re: Thunderheader vs ?

I have a Thunderheader on my FXR nad it runs and sounds great. But I'm willing to bet that with the numbers that you are already getting, a tunable 2 into 1 such as white brothers or Supertrapp will give you more to work with. I have never had mine dynoed, but the damn thing will scream and when I twist the throttle hard it has a great growel like most 2 into 1's do. Good luck. Steve
  • Wed, Dec 28 2005 4:39 PM In reply to

the white brothers exhaust no longer is being made

• Wed, Dec 28 2005 6:00 PM In reply to

• Deuce
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 7 2004
    • Posts 223

I run a similar motor, but with the DME 590 cams. Decided on the ProPipe HS because it is easier to tune and looks better than the others IMHO. They're priced right and perform very well. I can't tell you how much better it runs compared to the 2 into 2, but it's worlds better. Deuce
  • Wed, Dec 28 2005 6:21 PM In reply to

I've got a thunderheader on my wideglide, with a 42 Mikuni on it. Otherwise, stock. It will lift the front in all gears when you really twist it. I haven't had any other exhaust except for the stock so not much to compare, but It sounds and IMHO looks good.
  • Thu, Dec 29 2005 11:20 AM In reply to

I've got a set of Fat Cats you can have cheap. They are factory take-offs from a Texas Chopper - less than 150 miles on them - finish is like new - fits softails. Apologies to J&P if this doesn't fall within the confines of the forum rules, but these pipes are nothing but garage art right now. I understand if this post needs to get 86'd.

--stripe

• Thu, Dec 29 2005 12:00 PM In reply to

When we were doing dyno pulls with an 80'' twin carbed Sporster with staggered exhaust we hit 118hp at the rear wheel. By just putting on a Thunderheader it went to 126hp
  • Sat, Jan 7 2006 8:03 PM In reply to

Thanks for the info guys! I've been having trouble gettin in here lately...sounds like I'm not the only one. anyway...fatstripe I may be interested in your pipe, let me know what you need for it at dgr8wldo@shaw.ca and we'll see
  • Sun, Jan 8 2006 1:02 AM In reply to

dgr8wldo, If you don't mind me asking what are the durations and lifts on the TWGHG, I'm going to use the SE258's and am hoping to see something over 100hp.
  • Sun, Jan 8 2006 1:09 PM In reply to

Hey partner , ha to look up the dur. they are 240 duration and 590 lift. I was looking for a big torque cam and certainly got it this settup is a real arm stretcher! Check out woodcarbs.com for dyno runs and comparative info. I think they compare the tw6hg to the 258 directly.Good luck
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)