J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community

Participate in our motorcycle forums, view photos, and read up on our motorcycle tech articles.
Welcome to J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Sat, Dec 9 2006 8:51 AM by bcat. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 9:47 AM

• cwadsgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 6 2006
    • Posts 3

Helper Wheels

Need training wheels for a 1200 sportster.. for someone who can ride, but has bad hips
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 10:08 AM In reply to

Re: Helper Wheels

either a trike conversion or check out www.mtcvoyager.com

• Wed, Dec 6 2006 10:18 AM In reply to

• cwadsgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3

Thanks
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 11:44 AM In reply to

My DAD has a 06 electra glide classic we put a voyager kit on because he has had hip surgery. He love the kit its easy to install if you would like to talk with him about it he loves to tell people about it he should be their spokesperson. just send me an email iblair@jpcycles and ill get you his ph number.
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 12:17 PM In reply to

The voyager kit can be taken off whenever you want. The down side of the kit, it really increases the rear tire wear of the bike.

• Wed, Dec 6 2006 12:29 PM In reply to

If the only problem is how to support the bike when stopped, do some googling based on Gold Wing sites/fora. Seems to me I saw an article some time back about wheels that automatically deploy when the bike is either stopped or at a walking pace, and I seem to recall it was mounted on a 'Wing. Edit: OK, found such a device. http://www.safetyfeatures.com/ The link was listed in the AMA website, under stuff for disabled riders. The other outfit, Landing Gear, appears to beout of business. At least the linked website was no longer any good. Edited by W-P Bill on 12/6/2006 12:41:44 PM
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 1:43 PM In reply to

• cwadsgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3

Where to buy the training wheels???
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 1:51 PM In reply to

if you go to voyagers website they have a dealer locator that will help you find one in your area.
  • Wed, Dec 6 2006 6:16 PM In reply to

Liberty Sidecars makes a sidecar just for sportsters. Ck libertysidecars.com
  • Sat, Dec 9 2006 8:51 AM In reply to

• bcat
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 2 2005
    • Posts 221

I'd suggest getting a Mini-Cooper S convertable before riding with training wheels. Runs like a batouttahell with same open air effect as a scooter. Just my opinion.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)