J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community

Participate in our motorcycle forums, view photos, and read up on our motorcycle tech articles.
Welcome to J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:45 PM by ultraboy. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:25 PM In reply to

• Xea
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 20 2004
    • Posts 5,023
      Staff

Re: R

Jim, if you read all of the posts you will see that I did answer some. Here I'm known as Xea, and there will be another blog posting tomorrow to challange Mother Harley to step up and provide us a response. Welcome by the way.  

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death......

• Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:27 PM In reply to

I try to help out when I can, if I don't know the answer or not very sure then I just stay off of here. And I too have gotten lots of help and advice from here which I deeply appreciate.

Some of the off-topic subjects are informative as well, this site is where I first heard of the Patriot Guard Riders, what they do, and why they do it.

Y'all keep them coming in

Gator

• Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:20 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, May 8 2008
    • Tonopah, Az
    • Posts 830
    • Guest Moderator

Glad to see all the action here. I know I've been off the radar for a while.

I can rarely answer tech questions...I've got a PHD in D.U.M.B
    but I like to screw around, ya know keep things light hearted.

Don't forget to check out the Gold Club Benefits

SEO Help 

• Fri, Nov 30 2012 4:21 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • sick puppy getting better
    • Posts 2,211

Jim - you couldn't call me anyghing worse than what the ex has Cool, but FYI the first name is Keith

The cost of the manual is about the same as the labor bill for half-an-hour at the "shop"

• Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:22 PM In reply to

Re: R 298 COMMENTS

HEY XEA, I WENT BACK TO THE 298 COMMENTS, I DIDN'T SEE XEA ANYWHERE, DO YOU HAVE A "PEN" NAME, FOR COMMENTS ON BLOG ? THE FOLLOW-UP WAS GREAT,TOO. YOUR THE MAN, WHAT YEAR INDIAN HAS THE TRANS LEAK ? I'M A FRIEND OF KIWI MIKE, I DID THE CENTENNIAL RIDE, SPRINGFIELD, MA., TO GILROY, CA., & BACK TO SPRINGFIELD, MA., INDIANS ORIGINAL HOME & BIRTHPLACE, I LIVE 1/2 WAY BETWEEN BOSTON & SPRINGFIELD. TILL LATER, BOSTON JIM 

• Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:36 PM In reply to

Re: FORUM

Yeah I don't frequent here so much anymore.

Not too many questions I have on modding or maintaining HDs.

Used to be we had some fun discussions with guys who were not PC.

The site clamped down on em and they left.

Now you get lots of the same old questions from guys who are too lazy to check history.

Bike industry has taken some hard shots in the sack over these last few years and I am sure J&P feels it big time.

I'll try to stop by once in a while to see if the spam thing has been killed once in for all.

It really took this site down.

Come February I'll be turning 60 years on this dirtball called earth.

Most of the guys I rode with have either gone back to the dirt or have sold off to be grand dads and teach their next generation how to ride.

I will not give up my rides until I can't ride and then I'll give em to my sons who ride now.

Half the honor of riding an owning an HD is wrenching on it.

It's spiritual for sure and you will enjoy the religion of riding when you learn to wrench.

Ask questions when you get stuck and don't be afraid to "get in there".

Nowhereman.....who else?

• Mon, Dec 3 2012 1:42 PM In reply to

• Xea
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 20 2004
    • Posts 5,023
      Staff

Jim, I wrote the article. I said I'm known here as Xea. My answers there where as Scott.........

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death......

• Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:51 PM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 4,408

A rose by any other name...................................................

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

• Tue, Dec 4 2012 1:59 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, May 8 2008
    • Tonopah, Az
    • Posts 830
    • Guest Moderator

And in December he's Santa.

Don't forget to check out the Gold Club Benefits

SEO Help 

• Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:25 AM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 4,408

Ho Ho Ho...

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

• Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:29 AM In reply to

XEA, ARE YOU PISSING ON MY LEMON TREE, I PRINTED DOWN ALL 300 COMMENTS, THERE WAS ONE (1) SCOTT, A SCOTT S. ON PAGE 28 OF 48 PAGES. 2 BLOGGERS HAD ALOT TO SAY,A" DP SIMMONS" & A" SOFT 02" , BUT, NO SCOTT H.

I JUST WANTED TO READ YOUR REMARKS, & ANSWERS FROM THE BLOGGERS. I HIGHLY RESPECT YOU & YOUR VAST EXPERIENCE, WITHOUT A DOUBT. TILL LATER,BJ

• Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:01 PM In reply to

HEY XEA, I WAS JUST ON THE BLOG, YOU HAVE 2 POSTS THERE NOW, WITH YOUR PIX. I DOWNLOADED & PRINTED THE COMMENTS LIST ON 11/20/12, WITH ABOUT 294 COMMENTS, YOU MUST HAVE COMMENTED JUST RIGHT AFTER. I SEE YOU RESPONED TO MIKE D. COMMENT OF 11/14/12 ON 11/20/12 & YOU RESPONED TO DOC COMMENT OF 11/14/12 ON 11/21/12. I PRINTED DOWN MORE COMMENTS ON 11/25 & 11/28, I DIDN'T JOIN THIS LITTLE HAPPY GROUP TILL 11/29, MY APOLOGY'S.

I THINK THE WEBMASTER SHOULD NUMBER (#) THE COMMENTS, BECAUSE WHEN YOUR RESEARCHING A COMMENT, FOR WHATEVER REASON, & YOU PRINT-DOWN 300 COMMENTS ON 50 PAGES, IT'S CONFUSING. IT WOULD BE ALOT EASIER TO FIND COMMENT 203 ON PAGE 38.

ONE MORE THING, SAT., DEC 1, IT WAS SNOWING HERE IN WORCESTER,MA., SO I WAS ON THE J&P WEBSITE FOR AWHILE, THEN I WENT TO THE AUSSIE FORUM, AIMAG FORUM, BOUCNING BACK & FORTH. I HAD BEEN LOOKING AT A CRANK VENT BREATHER IN THE J&P CATALOG. WHEN I WENT ON THE OTHER FORUMS, THE CRANK VENT SALES INFO KEPT FOLLOWING ME FOR HOURS, IS THAT NORMAL, IT'S THE FIRST TIME I NOTICED ANYTHING LIKE THIS. I THOUGHT I WAS IN A "BOURNE" MOVIE, WITH A TRACKING DEVICE .

I THINK THE TWIN CAM BLOG WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL TO THE AUSSIE'S, WWW.HDFORUMS.COM.AU, KEEP IT GOING WORLD WIDE, TILL LATER, BJ

• Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:00 AM In reply to

As has been stated above, I'm one who was active here in the years gone by, and certainly don't pop in here as much anymore. Things did change, that's for sure, who would have guessed that I'd be building and riding trikes these days, LOL. I still have a two-tire bike, but don't ride it near as much as the trikes. In looking back at the F.I. articles I wrote back in 04 and 05, they are getting kind of dated now, but the principles remain the same. I'll answer twinkie and tuning questions, but giving advice on 'how to make my bike.... without voiding the warantee' type questions are not top priority on my list. Personally, no bike I have ever owned has ever been back to the dealer for anything.

I'll try to stop in more often, until then lets all keep the shiny side up!

UB

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have a good time!

• Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:20 PM In reply to

• mwelych
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 25 2008
    • Mint Hill, NC
    • Posts 802

Good seeing ya still around Ultraboy. I caved in and bought and Ultra Classic Limited one week ago today. Already put on 400+ miles on her. She runs sooo sweet.

• Sat, Dec 8 2012 2:37 PM In reply to

mwelych, ya know we all used to call 'em 'road couches' on here in the way back, LOL. As we get older, we need more creature comforts. My wife and I rode our two wheelers all over this great country of ours, until she had back and neck surgery. They she wanted to ride on the back of my SG, and not having ridden with a passenger in many years, I felt uncomfortable at parking lot speeds, gravel, etc. just felt that the old knees weren't up to the task, so I triked it, much to the dismay of big and others. When she was able to ride again, I triked hers too!

ub

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have a good time!

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >