J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community

Participate in our motorcycle forums, view photos, and read up on our motorcycle tech articles.
Welcome to J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Fri, Nov 30 2012 4:35 AM by Ironhead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:22 PM

new member blues !

HELLO EVERYBODY, MY NAME IS BOSTON JIM, I AM NOT SHOUTING, MY EYES ARE BAD, & I CAN'T TYPE, I'M A RETIRED (35 YR) FRAMING CONTRACTOR. TODAY, IT TOOK ME AN HOUR, TO GET ONBOARD, IT SAID I WAS ALREADY REGISTERED, BUT, I COULDN'T GET A PASSWORD TO WORK, SO IT GAVE ME A TEMP PASSWORD TO GET STARTED, I FINALLY GOT IN, FILLED OUT THE BIO, & THEN, WITH A SLIP OF THE FINGER, GONE ! FORGITABOUTIT, I'LL DO IT LATER, IF IT LETS ME BACK IN. IRONHEAD, WAS NICE ENOUGH TO DIRECT ME HERE TO "INTRODUCTIONS", I LIKE HIM ALREADY, HE'S AN EVO OWNER, MY FAVE BIKE. THOSE TWIN CAMS ARE LIKE "TIME BOMBS", JUST WAITING TO BLOW-UP. CHECK-OUT SCOTT HOLTON'S ARTICLE IN THE BLOG, GREAT READING. I JUST CAME UP WITH A JINGLE, "BAD MOTOR, BAD MOTOR, WHAT'CHA GONNA DO WHEN SHE BLOWS ON YOU, BAD MOTOR, BAD MOTOR", I'M SORRY, I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR THE OWNERS OF TWIN CAMS, THE FACTORY SOLD THEM A BAD BAG OF GOODS, READ THE BLOG, NEARLY 300 COMMENTS. I HOPE THERE'S A CLASS ACTION LAWYER, OUT THERE, WHO HAS HAD A MOTOR BLOW-UP. I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M SAYING THIS, I HAVE ALOT OF H-D STOCK, & 2 EVOS. TILL LATER, BOSTON JIM 

• Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:29 PM In reply to

• Xea
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 20 2004
    • Posts 5,000
      Staff

Re: new member blues !

Welcome Jim, I'm Scott and am known around here as Xea. Thank you for the good words regarding the blog I wrote. We look forward to your contributions.

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death......

• Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:41 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, May 8 2008
    • Tonopah, Az
    • Posts 830
    • Guest Moderator

Hey Boston Jim

Glad you stuck with it and made it through the door. I hear ya on the bad eyes, I have ta keep getting bigger monitors.

When she blows on ya, ya get an S&S.

Glad ya stopped by.

Don't forget to check out the Gold Club Benefits

SEO Help 

• Fri, Nov 30 2012 4:35 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • sick puppy getting better
    • Posts 2,202

Jim, I think they are finding the twinkie Bs to be better than the twinkie As - besides better injection systems I believe there were a couple of internal engine changes (Xea or RJ should be able to tell you all about then).

From my understanding, the biggest inter engine problem is the crank IF you boost the power very much.  The changed the design so instead of a bolt together desing w/tapered connections everything is square cut and pressed together.  If you go to put in a stroker kit, I believe S&S and R&R and ?? are making them in the traditional bolt-together crank assemblies (read stronger fit and closer tolerances on crank run-out)

Now when the get the "fly by wire" and engine shut-down-when-hot-at-idle a little better, then . . .

The cost of the manual is about the same as the labor bill for half-an-hour at the "shop"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)