J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Fri, Aug 12 2016 4:29 AM by smokedout420. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 24 2013 1:58 AM

• sunsound
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 24 2013
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 2

MECHANICAL FUEL GAUGE

Just wanted to say that I fabricated a fully functional, ACCURATE, and TOTALLY MECHANICAL fuel gauge using a stock OEM cap for any bike, usually '82 and up, with screw-in bungs.

I've been using one on my bike ('05 Fatboy) for the past three years, and it has worked perfectly.  The electrical sending unit gauge that came with my bike wasn't very accurate, and I got tired of writing down the milage to figure out how much gas I had left.  I dislike anything electrical (like idiot lights in a cage) and prefer a GAUGE that I can actually SEE what's going on.  Same with the speedo.  If I had to rely on an LED speedo it would be the 1st thing that I'd yank off my bike and replace it with a Mechanical one!

Everyone that has seen my fuel gauge always asked me where I got it, and when I told them that I made it, they said that they wanted one, so I've made about 50 so far.  My idea has become a full-time business and I can barely keep up with orders.

I applied for a Trademark and got it, and now have a patent pending on it.

If the moderators will allow it, I'll post my URL to my webpage and everyone can see pics of it, and you can place an order and I'll make you one.

• Wed, Apr 30 2014 4:01 PM In reply to

Re: MECHANICAL FUEL GAUGE

i could use one

• Wed, Apr 30 2014 9:50 PM In reply to

• sunsound
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 24 2013
    • Tulsa, OK
    • Posts 2

Here's the link to my webpage....check it out and send me your email.

• Fri, Aug 12 2016 4:29 AM In reply to

Thanks for the share. Some useful information here. Just what I was looking for. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)