J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, May 2 2018 9:20 AM by sfranta. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 12 2004 9:23 AM

Kickstand

I recently bought a 2001 Sportster Custom but due to being vertically challenged I had it lowered. Everything is cool except now the bike has virtually no lean when sitting on the kickstand. Would a kickstand for the Hugger be a good replacement? Or can any one suggest a good aftermarket kickstand?
  • Thu, Aug 12 2004 11:22 AM In reply to

Re: Kickstand

the shorter kickstand is 530-210. according to the oem parts manual, this should fit, however, some of the 1200C bikes came fromt he factory with a shorter kickstand, because the 1200C was lowered in the rear already, just like a hugger. so this kickstand may or may not be shorter than what you already have

• Thu, Aug 12 2004 12:54 PM In reply to

Thanks, I think that will be the one I need to get. I have an 883.
  • Tue, May 1 2018 8:44 PM In reply to

• dichau
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 1 2018
    • Posts 1

Hi

whats the best way to replace spring and bushing on 883 superlow? i cant find any real video on youtube.  couple of silly ways to replace the spring.  i know theres a better way to do so. if you have any ideas or know how could you please share. thanks hope to hear from you or anyone else read my message thanks all

• Wed, May 2 2018 9:20 AM In reply to

remove the rubber bumper from frame to allow jiffy stand to retract further than normal. remove clevis pin, that should relieve enough of the spring tension to allow removal of the spring with a pair of pliers

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)