J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Tue, Aug 25 2015 11:56 AM by Ironhead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 24 2015 6:21 PM

05 v-rod rear wheels, need help.

I own an 05 vrscb. The 18" wheels are a bit rough to ride on. My other harleys with the 16" rear wheels are a lot better ride. What rear harley rims will fit my v-rod? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

• Tue, Aug 25 2015 11:56 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • Near Sunset at Sunset Beach, O'ahu, HI Oct 23, 15
    • Posts 2,577

Re: 05 v-rod rear wheels, need help.

pan - first, welcome to the forums

I haven't looked closely at many v-rods, but if I remember correctly, they usually have a wide low profile tire and adjustable rear suspension.  how does the suspension / air settings compare to the recommended settings in your service module? 

As of changing the wheel, suspect you are going to have to pull the wheel and get all the specs - distance between sprocket & rotor (for line-up), rotor & sprocket bolt pattern, axle diameter, total width (for spacers?) . . .  I believe the Ultras have had a wider tire for the last couple of years - not sure if they are as wide as the v-rod.

Then, if the circumfrence of the tire is significantly different you would probaly have an issue with the speedo . . .

Since the v-rod is such an "odd ball" and a lot of other harley parts aren't interchangable, I think I would personally try to find out why it seems rough first.

The first tool out of the box should be the "book"  Geeked

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)