J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:00 AM by JAMES.DEAN. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 28 2017 9:43 AM

My first order

It seems like most people here who have placed orders with J&P have had good experiences. Unfortunately, I can't say the same. I recently made my first (and most likely my last) purchase from J&P and it has been a complete fiasco. I post this here in hopes that it's helpful to others who might be considering making their first order.

- On March 10, I placed an online order from J&P for some slip-on mufflers. The availability said that they usually ship in 2 to 4 business days. I later found out that meant they weren't in stock in J&P's warehouse and it would take 2 to 4 business days to get them from one of their vendors. That's standard practice for this type of online business, so not a problem.

- On March 17, five business days after I placed the order, the status still said Pending Vendor Arrival. I called J&P customer service to get a more detailed update. The customer service rep told me they should have already received the item from their vendor, but sometimes it could be delayed by a day. He said he would contact their vendor rep and call me back. He verified my home phone number. I never heard back from him.

- On March 22, eight business days after I placed the order, the status still said Pending Vendor Arrival. I called J&P customer service again to find out what was going on. The customer service rep said that it looked like the item was expected to ship from the vendor on March 15, but it had not arrived at the J&P warehouse yet. She said she would contact the warehouse and send me an e-mail with an update. She verified my e-mail address. I never heard back from her.

- On March 24, ten business days (and two weeks) after I placed the order, the status still said Pending Vendor Arrival. I called J&P customer service again to see if they could tell me what was going on. The customer service rep said that the item had shipped from Drag Specialties (one of J&P's vendors for this item) on March 17 and had been expected at the J&P warehouse on March 20, but had never arrived. In fact, the warehouse was still showing no stock and had two outstanding orders with Drag Specialties for the item. He said he would contact the warehouse to find out why the item had never arrived and would call me back. I asked if he would send an e-mail to me instead, since I wasn't at home to receive the call. He said he would and verified my e-mail address.

- It's now March 28, twelve business days since I placed the order. The order status still says Pending Vendor Arrival. No one from J&P has contacted me, although I've been promised they would on three separate occasions. Normally, with such a long wait time and such poor customer service, I would have canceled the order. However, the sale price on the mufflers was very good and I would really like to have them if J&P could ever figure out how to get them from their vendor and ship them to me. Having said that, this is easily the worst online ordering experience I've ever had and there's very little chance that I would place another order with J&P in the future.

• Tue, Mar 28 2017 2:09 PM In reply to

Re: My first order

My experience with JP is horrible to be precise. They have no idea about their business to be honest. 

• Wed, Mar 29 2017 4:14 PM In reply to

Calvin, I apologize for the inconvenience and frustrations we have caused in this order. Please send me your order number to socialmedia@jpcycles.com attention technical forums and I will look into your order and help. This is not the customer service we are known for and we should be following up as we say we will and will work diligently to get you your product. Thank you for choosing J&P Cycles and have a great day on 2 wheels.

• Wed, Mar 29 2017 4:17 PM In reply to

srustiranjan, I apologize for the bad experience you have received with us. Please send me your customer and or order information to socialmedia@jpcycles.com and I would be glad to look into this and help with a resolution. Thank you for choosing J&P Cycles and have a great day on 2 wheels. 

• Fri, Mar 31 2017 7:28 AM In reply to

Since I have now received my order, I thought I should post an update to this thread. A few hours after my original post, the status of my order changed from Pending Vendor Arrival to Shipped and a tracking number was supplied. The package arrived at my house two days later, on March 30. The package was in good condition and contained exactly what I ordered. I'm happy with how quickly the mufflers reached me once they shippped from the J&P warehouse, and I'm very happy with the price. The customer service was very poor, though, and the 20-day wait to receive my order was ridiculous, so I still doubt I will order from J&P again. As you can see in this thread, someone from the J&P social media team saw my original post and reached out to me to see if they could help track down my order. I haven't contacted them yet, but I will send a copy of this update to them using the contact information they supplied.

• Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:00 AM In reply to

Calvin1989, I understand the frustrations with order delays and thank you for taking the time to email us. Sometimes the lead time vendors give us does not always hold true and we apologize for this and if there is anything I could do now or in the future to gain a second chance with you ordering from us please reach out to me, Thank you for choosing J&P Cycles and have a great day on 2 wheels.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)