J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Thu, Apr 13 2017 9:59 AM by floydrose. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 1 2017 5:26 PM

IT'S ALIVE !

well,finally together. my wifes tryin to upload some pic's now. only problem i see is engine pulley's gotta come out about a 1/4 inch. got oil pressure and the oil light goe's out. i'm a happy man today. credit where credit's due...thank you all so much for all your help and input. i'll get the pic's on as soon as i can

• Sun, Apr 2 2017 6:37 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • Near Sunset at Sunset Beach, O'ahu, HI Oct 23, 15
    • Posts 2,587

Re: IT'S ALIVE !

The first tool out of the box should be the "book"  Geeked

• Sun, Apr 2 2017 7:01 AM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,107

Great Floyd. And yet another re-birth of the beloved Shovelhead...I'll be look'n for another one now. Finally sold the Evo after 10 years of good service. I wouldn't pass up a good deal on a Pan though. Back to my roots...

Let us know if ya need any more help...

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

• Sun, Apr 2 2017 9:45 AM In reply to

thanks guys. i too look for panheads. they're around but far and few. if the right deal comes along i'm gonna grab one. might have to buy the boss something first though.lol  thanks again guy's!

• Mon, Apr 3 2017 5:36 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • Near Sunset at Sunset Beach, O'ahu, HI Oct 23, 15
    • Posts 2,587

I have "my name in" for consideration when an '84 Tour Glide comes for sale.  Friends have had it for years - it is her bike and he wants to get her something newer.

The first tool out of the box should be the "book"  Geeked

• Mon, Apr 3 2017 5:44 AM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,107

Good luck Keith. That was the last year for the Shovelhead. I think they might have been left-overs from '83, cause the Evo's came out in '84 too.

FX

• Mon, Apr 3 2017 9:53 AM In reply to

thats the way to find them. i've run across deals from friends. and lost a few too. if i get another one i'd like to find a panhead.there slowly disappearing though.

• Tue, Apr 11 2017 4:00 PM In reply to

got a couple test rides in. everything looks good but when i get back and let it idle theres  gas running out the overflow line. probably have to pop the bowl off. i rebuilt it but it was sitting quite a while. sounds good.wondering if it's the seat -needle or the float level. guess i'lll find out when i get there. today's the first time it's happened. super -E. let ya know when i find the problem. gonna check out some s+s video's

• Wed, Apr 12 2017 9:22 AM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,107

Yes, the float level is probably too high, considering you put a new needle and seat in, it shouldn't be that...

FX

• Thu, Apr 13 2017 9:59 AM In reply to

only happened that once. went for a ride. got a couple things to tweak. belt is way outta line.i bought a trans plate from here and the holes were way off. i drilled it out to fit but i'm pretty sure thats my problem.should'nt have used it. probably gonna have to put the old one back on. sounds awesome though.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)