J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Tue, Jul 25 2017 10:32 AM by sfranta. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 22 2017 7:42 AM

delkron engine number

im looking for a way to disipher the eng numbers for delkron motors, I have one in an '88 springer but dont know the inches on this bad boy, Im thinking its a stroked 100" , delkron web page got nothing and the internet either .. any help would be appreiciated 

Filed under: ,
  • Sun, Jul 23 2017 9:04 AM In reply to

Re: delkron engine number

delkron was bought by cometic gaskets 6-7 years ago if i remember correctly. if the motor is older than that, it may be difficult. i used to have a contact there, i will be in on tuesday, i'll see if he has any info and let you know

• Tue, Jul 25 2017 10:32 AM In reply to

Re: delkron engine number

here's what i have. the only complete motor produced was a 120 inch. it will have delkron air cleaner. the seriel number in the case, is probably next to the front tappet block, and is read right to left, mirror image. if starts with BKM, it is an old style case, if starts with BKL is is the newer cometic style case. there was also an oddball case with seriel near the front motor mount. if not the 120 delkron complete motor, pull the timing plug. if flywheel is brown/bronze color, probably an oem flywheel, which means stock stroke. if a silver color, probably a S&S wheel, rotate it around until you can see the S&S number, and we can get the stroke info from those numbers from S&S. the only way to know bore and stroke for sure, is pull the heads and measure

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)