J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Fri, Aug 18 2017 8:56 AM by geoffny. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 18 2017 8:56 AM

• geoffny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 18 2017
    • Posts 1

Fair Service from J&P and Poor from Mustang

Purchased Saddle for 1992 Honda VT1100C on 8/9, fast service: shipped 8/10, arrived 8/12.  Saddle is great, very comfortable, looks good, seems to fit well. 

Did not include the bracket or washer to attach seat to rear fender.  After figuring out that parts were missing I called J&P cust svc, motorcycle tech was excellent: I was sent installation instructions, which were not included in shipment, calling for "included bracket" which was not included.  Told me QC would send. 

Called back 3 days later,  told by customer service that notes say that QC said to use OEM bracket (WRONG).  No communication of this.  Told them to refer to installtion instructions. Then told I was correct and that J&P has no control over what Mustang puts in box.  Told I should call Mustang to get part bcause J&P could not do so until end of day. 

Mustang said they would send that day via USPS.  3 days ater called Mustang to check on shipment, not sent.  Said picker was out with injury and he could not get down there to get part for me until today. Say they will send today 8/18 via USPS.  Will have to wait until 8/22 for delivery.  Ordered 8/9, won't get what is needed until 8/22 =can't use for 12 days, almost 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)