J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Nov 1 2017 2:41 PM by Fneer. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 1 2017 10:51 AM

• Fneer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 2 2017
    • Posts 2

Check Valve for Acclerator Pump Nozzle on Keihin CV Carburetor 27492-96

Does anyone know what the "Check Valve" for the Acclerator Pump Nozzle on a Keihin CV Carburetor Model 27492-96 looks like and where I can get one? I have a 1996 Dyna Super Glide. My dealer installed a jet kit but I have decided to go back to stock carburetor due to poor mileage. The jet kit instructions had the original acclerator pump nozzle and its "check valve" removed and replaced with a new nozzle and "ball check valve and brass weight." The dealer returned most of my original parts but I do not see a check valve. I have the accelerator pump nozzle but I don't know what the check valve looks like or where I can get one. They did return a part to me that looks like a Fuel Valve but it does not have the clip so I was wondering if this could be the check valve for the accelerator pump nozzle.Any help would be greatly appreciated. The carburetor diagrams I have found show the acclerator pump nozzle but not the check valve that goes below the pump nozzle before you insert the pump nozzle into the carburetor. Thanks for any help!

• Wed, Nov 1 2017 11:57 AM In reply to

Re: Check Valve for Acclerator Pump Nozzle on Keihin CV Carburetor 27492-96

it sounds like you have the dynojet thunder slide, our number 401-095. the nozzle your directions refer to is a part of the fuel bowl, and the nozzle and check ball do not have a seperate hd part number, it is a part of the bowl. if it were me, i'd leave the nozzle alone. or, see if you can find a bowl, hd number is 27159-92 if you really want to take it back to stock

• Wed, Nov 1 2017 2:41 PM In reply to

• Fneer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 2 2017
    • Posts 2

Re: Check Valve for Acclerator Pump Nozzle on Keihin CV Carburetor 27492-96

Thank you for the advice sfranta. I will leave the nozzle alone and just replace the other parts. i will post after I get it back together to see how it works out. I appreciate the help!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)