J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community

Participate in our motorcycle forums, view photos, and read up on our motorcycle tech articles.
Welcome to J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:52 AM by mpwelder. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 21 2001 8:25 AM In reply to

Re: Problem with Revtech 100" & 88" engines

After reading all the posts here it seems like no one can answer that. Do any of our lurkers have a high mileage Revtech? How about it Mr. Bistrow, any comments?
  • Fri, Dec 21 2001 11:16 PM In reply to

Look bros more power means more broken parts sooner. sometimes much sooner. Think about it!
  • Sat, Dec 22 2001 7:55 AM In reply to

hawg ryder has it right. somthing is being done wrong somewhare. moly rings have the moly in them to let them break in almost emidiatlly. no new engine should have any white smoke except in initial new start-up. after that indicates some kind of problem in the vales stems or piston-ring set up.
  • Sun, Dec 23 2001 8:22 PM In reply to

I was close to buying a CCI B.Y.O.B. kit but what I'm reading is making me think twice. Is there anyone who has one without a problem? It's great that CCI is standing behind their products but that's not much comfort when the engine blows in the middle of the desert.
  • Mon, Dec 24 2001 12:37 AM In reply to

There are plenty of RevTech's in the wind. BMC (www.bigmikeschoppers.com) and Orange County Choppers (www.orangecountychopers.com) are two companies using RevTechs in their custom bikes. I have seen a bunch of BMC bikes at Myrtle and up here in NY. All of them ran fine. Even though my 100 inch motor is blowing some white smoke, I know my engine is the exception not the norm. I'm not happy about it, but stuff happens. So far Steve Bistrow at CCI and my dealer have been very accomodating. I know people have posted that they would rather not have the problems to begin with, and I agree. I would love to not have to deal with it, but like they say shit happens. A guy I was talking to at my dealer, broke 3 S&S motors in 4 years! He cracked the cases on two of them! Granted the guy rides hard, but he is left holding the bag for the cash. S&S's warranty expires real quick. I'm not saying RevTech is better or worse than S&S. I'm just saying stuff happens sometimes. I can post a follow up when my motor is done if you would like, but I know how it's gonna turn out. CCI and the dealer will do me right the first time and I will not have to dip into my pocket or, I'll give them both a world of shit they could never even dream of, and they will do me right in the end, and I will not have to dip into my pocket. The only difference will be the time required.
  • Fri, Dec 28 2001 2:02 PM In reply to

I just uncreated my new RevTech 100 and the main drive bolt is damaged. The crate is in perfect condition. I have called the warranty department three times. All you can do is leave a message. I have not received a call back yet.
  • Sat, Dec 29 2001 7:42 PM In reply to

I think CCI is closed between Christmas and New Years
  • Sun, Dec 30 2001 10:39 AM In reply to

contact the dealer you bought it from first,let him do the leg work for you with cci, contact cci only if the dealer can't help you
  • Wed, Oct 20 2010 5:36 PM In reply to

could be a intake leak causing the rear cylinder to run lean,always smear some silicons around those seals,and to check for an intake leak squirt some wd-40 around the fitting while it's running if it's leaking air you'll get an rpm increase

• Thu, Oct 21 2010 9:26 PM In reply to

the only problem i have with my 04 100 inche revtech is that for some strange reason it keeps eating my rear tire's,it's a kit bike which i almost didnt buy due to that fact , it's now my favorite fastest bike i have ever owned and i have had many,1st thing i do when someone badmouths my revtech is say where's the closest straight a way lol never been beat so far not even close,revtechs come with a andrews 560 cam unlike S&s which comes with a 498 lift they are made to run not make it through the warranty .of course my bike dont even weigh 500 pounds that helps to in my opinion its a great engine and has alot of american made parts,P.S. guess what your HD uses all kinds of jap parts havent made a front end since 1972 and most revtech bashers own a nissan truck so quit being hypocrits,6th season and still like new,as i pass you checkout my new tailight.

• Thu, Oct 21 2010 11:24 PM In reply to

chrome rings do the same thing, cast iron rings seat in 5 minutes but if the moly rings would have done what was suppose to be done they'd last alongtime, revtech's raw materials are top shelf 4340 chrome moly flywheels and rods the cases are far superior and they flat fly when you wanna play ya gotta pay as i see it,Q: why hasn't anyone noticed S&s's 124 incher spends more time on the bench than on the road, why isn't it noticed that ultima is casted in Korea which america took over 50 years ago? i happen to be very happy with my 04 100 inche revtech it melts 250 rear tires my revtech loves spanking other v-twins (pump gas only) lol

• Thu, Oct 21 2010 11:26 PM In reply to

I do not know of anyone who starts engine mods of any kind, that keep a voes functional.

When I went into my 80 inch EVO, I pulled the voes and installed a Pingle to insure good fuel delivery.

That should be the first step in any HP engine mods; to be sure it gets all the fuel it requires.

Nowhereman.....who else?

• Thu, Oct 21 2010 11:30 PM In reply to

screamon_eagle123:

chrome rings do the same thing, cast iron rings seat in 5 minutes but if the moly rings would have done what was suppose to be done they'd last alongtime, revtech's raw materials are top shelf 4340 chrome moly flywheels and rods the cases are far superior and they flat fly when you wanna play ya gotta pay as i see it,Q: why hasn't anyone noticed S&s's 124 incher spends more time on the bench than on the road, why isn't it noticed that ultima is casted in Korea which america took over 50 years ago? i happen to be very happy with my 04 100 inche revtech it melts 250 rear tires my revtech loves spanking other v-twins (pump gas only) lol

I run a 127 Ultima in my FLSTF and it runs like a raped ape.

No problems with it under any condition I've thrown at it.

Doesn't matter to me where a component is fabricated, as long as it was done with quality. It's always the assembler that can mess things up nowadays.

Nowhereman.....who else?

• Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:52 AM In reply to

I have a 2003  88 rev tech and really havent had any problems with the way it runs!  I have just shy of 21k miles on it now and still running strong !   I did tear it down at around 16k because of the front head gasket leaking a little -  one problem I did find is on (both cylinders ) the rings were not staggered ?  which were replaced and put back together correctly - needless to say Ive ran this thing like I stole it from day one and still runs quite well - stock EVO 's dont hold a candle to this in the 1/4 mile !!  other than jetting and a thunder header  the motor is pretty much stock !!!!!!!!!!!  twin cams-  LMAO   stay home  I also like  the sport bike guys - by the time they stop spinning and put the wheel on the ground Ive shifted twice and already there - stock V rods  what a joke  I was actually dis-appointed when i smoked the last one !!!!  unless you know your bike and over a hundred HP?   stay home or bring your bill fold ! mine tripped a 107 hp. at the tire with the header at KNUCKLE FEST a year ago on the dyno !  again  I know it wont last forever but Ive dam sure got what I paid for !!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2