J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Dec 20 2017 11:20 AM by sfranta. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 18 2017 10:24 PM

will part fit?fork brace.

Hi folks.new here.happy xmas.l cant seem to email service.so.my dyna is a full chop and would like to fit fork (tube) brace.the one l found was a j&p part no 231-526.cant find width of it.l need 10" centre of clamp to other clamp centre.got to get it right.lm in australia.cheers.

• Tue, Dec 19 2017 4:57 AM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • Near Sunset at Sunset Beach, O'ahu, HI Oct 23, 15
    • Posts 2,589

Re: will part fit?fork brace.

Harley - first, welcome to the forums - what part of Australia are you from?

I just took a quick look and I couldn't find 231-526.  10" centers sounds like a wide-glide type of front end - if staff knew what size tubes (35mm, 39mm, . . .) they may be able to make some recommends.

Hope this helps

The first tool out of the box should be the "book"  Geeked

• Tue, Dec 19 2017 3:17 PM In reply to

Am in melbourne.sorry that part no was 231-525.also my forks are not 39 there 41mm wide tubes.and 10 inch wide center to center.cheers.

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 6:11 AM In reply to

• FX
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 12 2006
    • Tonawanda NY
    • Posts 5,112

harley, if you call tech support they will help you. Staff is not on the site every day. Sounds like a wide glide brace will fit...

FX

Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 11:20 AM In reply to

231-525 is a tweek bar, fits on the tubes themselves, not the fork leg. it will only work if you have extended forks, if not extended, the fork legs will make contact and cause damage. the only way i can get the fork brace that fits onto the legs is to know what year/model the legs are off of

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)