J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Fri, Jun 1 2018 9:10 AM by PaulJr36. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 31 2018 11:07 AM

• ric16pal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 31 2018
    • Posts 2

modular bike helmets

I recently bought a HCI-89 MOD helmet. the users manual that came with it is just a little pamphlet that only mentions proper fit and cleaning and that it's done after one impact. There are no instructions on how the modular "jaw" is supposed to work (although I figured that one out when I found the little red button) and nothing is said about how the vents or the neat built in sun shield works. I tried contacting Helmet City, HCI helmets, but there is no way to ask questions. I bought the helmet through J&P cycles and they tried to help, but couldn't find anything on it either. I'm an old fart and don't want to break something by forcing it, so I'm hoping to find someone who has one of these or a similar helmet with the built in flip sun shield to clue me in on how it's supposed to work.

Filed under:
  • Thu, May 31 2018 3:41 PM In reply to

• Ironhead
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 21 2006
    • Near Sunset at Sunset Beach, O'ahu, HI Oct 23, 15
    • Posts 2,652

Re: modular bike helmets

ric - first, welcome to the forums.  Where are you from and whats ya' ridin'?

I have never had anything to do with the modular helmets either - have you tried a you-tube search to see if someone is prividing advide / videos?

The first tool out of the box should be the "book"  Geeked

• Fri, Jun 1 2018 9:10 AM In reply to

• PaulJr36
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 30 2015
    • Daytona Beach, FL
    • Posts 57
    • Staff

Re: modular bike helmets

On the left side of the helmet (when it your wearing it) is a piece that sticks out. If you slide that piece forward the sun visor will come down. If you slide it backwards the visor retracts back into the helmet. For the vents it is pretty much the same thing. the top front vents just push back to allow air in. I believe the jaw piece also has a vent that just slides down to allow in air. Hope this helps you out. Let me know if you need anymore assistance and I will look into it.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)