J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:36 PM by sfranta. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:34 PM

Wide Glide compatibility

What, other than the P/N's is the difference in the front ends for FXSTC and FLSTC? On the bike I'm building I used "92 FLSTC OEM #'s when I ordered the Trees and Sliders. I went with 6+ on the tubes. I'd like to Fork Brace, but nothing is offered I'm excited about. Theres's plenty for a FXSTC, so I was wondering whats the difference. If they are compatible, it'd also open up more fender possibilities. Thanks      

• Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:21 PM In reply to

Re: Wide Glide compatibility

flstc legs are flat on top, designed to be covered by the cowbells. fxst has ruber boots on top. the flstc trees have different holes for mounting the fork tins. both are 41mm tubes. fxst are generally 2 inches longer than flstc tubes. the flstc generally doesn't have fork braces available, since the cowbells cover up the area a brace would attach to. the stems and neck bearings are the same. axles are slightly different, and different spacers are used, since flstc has 16 inch wheel, fxst has 21 inch

• Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:21 PM In reply to

Think I answered part of the question.. My Flstc sliders are more oblong than round. Still would like to know if the distance between the fender mounting tabs are the same? What years and models  front fenders are "bolt up" ready to these sliders ? 

• Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:36 PM In reply to

84-06 bolt pattern is the same for both, but not sure on the distance between the legs, fender fitment does not interchange for some reason

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)