J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Mon, Jun 25 2018 8:19 AM by jackneeson. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 25 2018 8:19 AM

Problems with oil pans and plugs for Honda Odyssey

Hello,

We had a 2004 Honda Odyssey (since sold) that had to have its oil pan replaced ($600) because the oil plug got stripped. Now our 2008 Honda Odyssey had a stripped oil plug. The mechanic drilled out a larger hole in the oil pan and put in a larger plug. After having done that the van was fine, but now after an oil change (at a different mechanic) the van is leaking oil all over my garage. It might be a slow leak that I haven't seen for a while, but the spill seems shockingly large. The van still has oil up to the fill line, so it's probably just spreading out. I've been to three different mechanics, so I don't think it is a matter of a bad mechanic. In my imagination I see a mechanic slamming the plug in with some power tool and disregarding whether it is set right. I suppose I could change the oil myself, but it seems annoying to have to dispose of used motor oil. Anyway, is this a problem for Odysseys (or cars in general)? Is it hard to find a good mechanic that won't strip your oil plugs?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216296

Teaser video production service

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)