J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Tue, Feb 13 2018 4:41 AM by Ironhead. 46 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 15 2007 12:33 PM In reply to

• shovel82
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, May 22 2002
    • North Carolina
    • Posts 380

Re: DRAGON MAN IS A DIRTBAG

Sorry to hear what happen. I can relate to that. Had guy not (dragonman). Rebuild mine 82 shovel back in 2000. And it came apart riding down the road. Rockers,tappets,cam cover, etc.. he blame the cam I had. A bunch of bull... Now I do most of my own work and what I can't do I'll found a friend who's been working on shovels, pans, knuckles. Take him down.. Good luck

• Sun, Apr 15 2007 8:47 PM In reply to

• Trashz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 20 2004
    • Posts 967

Dragonman. I'm amazed the bozo is still in business, which apparently he is. He's been the target of a ton of complaints to the BBB, and his state's att'y general. I don't think he has any weight with his local organizations. It's just the fact we're little guys. We get paid an hourly rate, or work for ourselves (literally). We do not merit the help of our so-called justice system. Word of mouth about this guy has spread, but not quick enough. As late as over a year ago I saw one of his "jobs". Poor SOB. The worse part of that one was the owner noticed grit around the upper part of the tappet block. Got to checking and yep. Standard Dragonman shop practice. Don't clean it after you blast it, it'll just lap the bearing in faster. The good news is him and a neighbor who's a bored retired machinist went over it and corrected enough for the motor to live.
  • Sun, Apr 15 2007 9:07 PM In reply to

sorry bout your ripoff man. just send him a nicely worded note with no name or return address saying to remember that what goes around, comes around. then just bide your time. that's my method anyway, the money is gone, you'll pay out more just trying to get some legal justice and he'll have so many enemies that people wouldn't have any idea where to start looking. how far away from him did you say you were?
  • Mon, Apr 16 2007 1:18 AM In reply to

I hope you did get everything resolved and riding again by now. Anyways, here is the link to the site that was mentioned in the first post: http://www.dragonmans.com
  • Mon, Apr 16 2007 7:17 AM In reply to

Not that it will do anything to get your HONEST money away from this obvious no-good-peice-of-$hit but, a call to the local BBB and Chamber of Commerce ( LOCAL to his location ) would certainly be in order. Also, any chance that you paid for this work with a credit card ? If so, call your creditor and file a dispute, they will remove the charge from your card and then THEY will charge him back for the money ( I ALWAYS pay with a credit card for that reason. I view the "interest" that I pay as "insurance" ). Sorry about the ripoff and Good luck to you.

HELLO OFFICER, PUT IT ON MY TAB !

• Mon, Apr 16 2007 7:21 AM In reply to

Another forum for you ( and everyone else ) to post on is; www.anythinghd.com ... Just another site to "vent" on and pass the word around on. Its FREE TOO.

HELLO OFFICER, PUT IT ON MY TAB !

• Mon, Apr 16 2007 7:27 AM In reply to

Its goin on four years since the original post and I still see ads for the dragonman...I knew a builder once that said if he could screw everybody in the world just once, he would never have to try and screw anybody twice...Sad...

• Mon, Apr 16 2007 9:41 AM In reply to

He has a good site, all seems good and pretty, but well, if his work sux, all sux!!!

• Mon, Apr 16 2007 9:59 AM In reply to

• lemck
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 9 2005
    • St. Augustine Fl
    • Posts 441

From the FAQ area of his website: Q: Should I call prior to shipping? A: No, this is not necessary. When you call us, it stops us from doing customers jobs, and delays everyone. This would be a red flag to me. Sounds like a hip-pocket operation without office staff to answer the phone. I sure as h*ll wouldn't ship my engine off to someone without speaking to them first.
  • Mon, Apr 16 2007 11:02 AM In reply to

I had a valve job done by him on my EVO years ago. He IS THE WORST!!! I felt like the biggest jackass for sending my heads to him.
  • Mon, Apr 16 2007 4:31 PM In reply to

I preffer to do my bad job myself :D

• Mon, Apr 16 2007 8:07 PM In reply to

• kinneydr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 19 2007
    • Posts 7

Just a lesson retaught to all of us. It sucks that you got burned, but we all must remember before sending anything out, check with the better bussiness bureau online for that area and see if there are any complaints against the firm you are looking to give your hard earned dead presidents to.
  • Mon, Apr 16 2007 9:21 PM In reply to

• 14EEEE
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 25 2008
    • Posts 468

he told me on the phone it is just himself and his two brothers in the shop. Some of his prices seem cheep. No wonder.
  • Mon, Apr 16 2007 9:51 PM In reply to

Is it me? Or am I missing something? Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, why aren't you using a local machine shop? Just in my area there are at least eight, and that's the middle of Kansas. There's Broadway Street Bikes, Truett and Osborne, Wayne Kemp's Bikers Edge and several smaller operations that can do you proud. Think about supporting your local businesses before you make some clown in some other community rich. The biggest bonus to that is that IF something ain't right, you aren't just some voice on the phone, you are a customer standing in front of the owner/operator. I just don't understand a mail order mentality, I guess. JMHO
  • Mon, Apr 16 2007 10:32 PM In reply to

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. But once I saw the topic I already knew your story, you are not the first or the last.When you decide to have work done you should always ask on one of these forums. If you would have done that first, instead of finding a good price on the internet, you would have got several posts not to deal with him backed by many links to sites where people have had nothing but terrible experiences with him.He advertises great prices but you can never get work done at that price your part is always beyond repair.He is a butcher
Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >