J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community

Participate in our motorcycle forums, view photos, and read up on our motorcycle tech articles.
Welcome to J&P Cycles Motorcycle Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Sun, Oct 24 2004 6:42 PM by 0069. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 23 2004 5:00 PM

Decals

I would like to know if someone makes decals that can be top coated over besides the Harley ones J&P sells. I would like a skull with flames coming off of it. It also seems that it would be easy for someone not so good with a airbrush to do some custom work on my gas tank.
  • Sun, Oct 24 2004 6:57 AM In reply to

Re: Decals

Take a look at CycleGraphics.com. They make a large assortment of graphics that can be taken off if you want to change design. Also check with your local sign makers. Most can make custom graphics that you can put on and then clear over. I've done this before and it looks very good. Ride safe, Gary

• Sun, Oct 24 2004 8:37 AM In reply to

Gary Thanks for the ideal. I'll call a sign maker Monday. I'm in Va Beach it's raining now but we hope it will clear up Edited by Bill3806 on 10/24/2004 8:41:52 AM
  • Sun, Oct 24 2004 6:42 PM In reply to

• Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 9 2003
    • sydney Australia
    • Posts 926

Digital printing onto vinyl is definately the way to go here. It will be to your advantage if you have artwork that your signwriter can use otherwise it has to either be sourced from somewhere or designed up, both of which will more than likely be cost prohibitive for just a one off job. Be clear in telling them what you want because it's very hard for us signies to get exactly what you envisage in your head to marry up with what we perceive you want. One more point..insist on top of the range 3M or Avery brand vinyls otherwise you will strike shrinkage problems down the track Mick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)