J&P Cycles Technical Forums

Come participate in our American V-Twin and Metric motorcycle tech forums
Welcome to J&P Cycles Technical Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post Wed, Apr 29 2009 1:34 PM by Tom. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 20 2009 11:11 AM

• Angie
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 23 2008
    • Tama, IA
    • Posts 18

Learned the Hard Way

Smile  Most likely everyone else already knows this, but just in case Im going to pass on a tip that I learned this weekend.  Friday was beautiful weather so I took the Sporster for a little ride.  Im still very new at this, so Im just taking baby steps so to speak.  Well before I left my husband tells me to put my cell phone in my front pocket, because sometimes it can wiggle out of your back pocket while you're riding.  Im like Confused whatever.  Im not going that far so it will be fine.  After I kill the bike a few times I finally get going.  Im sure you know where IM going here, my cell came out of my back pocket and hit the highway.  *sigh*  I really hate it when he's right.  It happened in a stretch of rual hwy with no shoulder and lots of curves, and since Im still pretty hesitant to make tight turns I just went home to get the car and go back to look for the stupid phone.  Amazingly I found it and even more amazing it still works!  Its got some road rash, and it wont close quite right, but it works.  So if you dont have a cell phone holder, put it in your front pocket.  I know I will from now on.  Hubby didnt actually say "Told you so" but he was thinking it.  Stick out tongue

Angie

“People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

• Mon, Apr 20 2009 1:56 PM In reply to

Re: Learned the Hard Way

Now you know why we chain ourselves to our wallets. Glad you found your phone in working condition.

• Mon, Apr 20 2009 5:05 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, May 8 2008
    • Surprise, Az
    • Posts 882

yep..that's tough on phones..ipods..riders etc.

gald it was still working too. I'll be hubby was thinking more than just that. lol

Don't forget to check out the Gold Club Benefits

• Tue, Apr 21 2009 12:46 PM In reply to

Don't worrie Angie...........we've all "been there done that" at some point. Big Smile

Ride what you like, like what you ride.

"God does not detract from mans alloted time, those hours spent riding motorcycles"

• Wed, Apr 22 2009 9:18 AM In reply to

• Angie
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 23 2008
    • Tama, IA
    • Posts 18

Big Smile  Malberts - So thats the deal with the wallets on a chain.  I thought it was just a fasion statement or something, lol.

Sundancer - Oh Im sure that my husband was thinking "women, they never listen". Confused  I thought he showed great restraint in not actually saying "told you so", esp since I would have if the situation was reversed. 

Robert - Glad to hear that Im not the only one thats done something like this.  Now hubby's been on the J&P website looking for cell phone holders or some kind of bag for me to carry when I get to where Im riding more and taking the sporster to work, etc.  I dont think this poor battered cell phone will survive much more.

Angie

“People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

• Fri, Apr 24 2009 1:42 AM In reply to

• oldie
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 13 2008
    • S. E. USA
    • Posts 283

Angie-

maybe that's something marketable ?  a retractable tether-cord for cell phones. 

But what do I know ?  I'm still happy having my wallet chained to me.. lol..

I think your Ol man may have been happy you came back in one piece. cells can be replaced easily.

PS:  Lessons learned the hard way are the ones I remember the Best !!!!  

• Wed, Apr 29 2009 9:16 AM In reply to

• mwelych
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 25 2008
    • Mint Hill, NC
    • Posts 802

Ain't that what life is??? Just one huge lesson, with tons of little ones in between???

• Wed, Apr 29 2009 1:34 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, May 8 2008
    • Surprise, Az
    • Posts 882

mwelych:

Ain't that what life is??? Just one huge lesson, with tons of little ones in between???

And then ya die.

Don't forget to check out the Gold Club Benefits

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)